Distillery is located in Nantou County. There’re 41 mountains with picks over 3,000 meters high and mountainous undulating topography covers about 83% of the area. Rain that fall on the mountains converges into rivers, ponds and lakes, among which the famous Sun-Moon lake lies. In this landscape of crystal clear lakes and green mountains, Nantou Distillery operates.
The wonderland for wine & spiritsTTL built Nantou Winery to make wine, brandy, rum and various fruit wine in 1978. There are craft men with fully experience. In order to reach excellence, selected craft man went to Scotland to study for making, distilling and maturing technology. After that, TTL established the distillery to make local whisky.
Quick recovery from 921 earthquake
Big earthquake hit central Taiwan in 1999, result in fire disaster in Nantou winery. The blaze light on the darkness in Nantou, and turned on huge loss for the winery. However, the restoration was conducted in short time to keep running the production of liquor, create a new page of whisky industry in Taiwan.
Navigation of Nantou Winery (Distillery)
Welcome to reserve a distillery tour on weekend to dig out more tradition and story of the historical winery, access to acknowledge and culture of Nantou winery. Aim to have local new make whisky, create high quality single malt whisky to the world. Thus, the whisky production methods in Nantou origin from traditional scotch whisky technique, and combine with local terroir and creativity.
Milestones of Nantou Winery (Distillery)
- 2008Start to build the distillery.
- 2009Complete whole production equipment for mashing, fermentation, distill and mature in Nantou.
- 2013Launch the first batch of Cask strength Malt Whisky (Bourbon & Sherry Cask) , open the whisky tour to public
- 2014Launch second and third batch of cask strength whisky, award in many international competition.
- 2015Launch the core range “OMAR Single Malt Whisky 46% ABV Bourbon type & sherry type”
- 2015Announce Liqueur finish malt whisky collection( Lychee Barrel/ Plum Barrel/ Black Queen wine barrel)
- 2016aunch Virgin Oak Cask strength Malt Whisky
- 2017Launch the 1st Peat malt Whisky (Bourbon cask) of Taiwan